New Port Richey, Florida – The West Pasco Chamber of Commerce Business Challenge took place on Thursday, January 28, 2016, at the historic Richey Suncoast Theatre in downtown New Port Richey. Local entrepreneurs took part in the competition and the five finalists all did an outstanding job with their presentations and received prize awards as determined by a panel of judges. The finalists and prizes awarded were as follows:
- The overall winner was Dr. Scott Davies and his company, PointLeader (www.pointleader.com). Dr. Davies received a $1,000 cash award and a $200 in printing services from 72HRPrint.com.
- John Hnilica, Boot-Glue (www.boot-fixglue.com), received $1,000 in advertising from Hits 106, 500 Business Cards from Minuteman Press and a $30 Family Fun pack from Cinema 6
- Wayne Rasanen, In10did (www.in10did.com) received 3-4 hours of accounting services from Wiseman Accounting and Bookkeeping
- K. Cyrus Robinson, Armonx (www.armonx.com), received a prize package from the Tampa Bay Times including $300 in newspaper ads, $300 in digital web ads and a free logo design
- Kelly Hackman, The White Heron Tea Room and Gifts (www.thewhiteheronfl.com), received a free bus bench design and two months advertising from Waverly Media and a 26-week ad in The Coffee News valued at $1,040.
Additionally, each of the contestants received a $25 gift certificate in print services from 72HRPrint.com and a SWOT Analysis strategic planning process from the Tampa Bay Times.
The five judges for the Business Challenge included:
- John Gaston of Tampa Bay MultiMedia (http://tampabaymultimedia.com/)
- Steve Farrell of Team Farrell (http://goteamfarrell.com/)
- Minh Mai of Venom Custom Choppers (http://www.venomcustomchoppers.com/)
- Irene Hurst, Director of the University of South Florida MBA Program (www.usf.edu/business/)
- Bob Carroll of Bob Carroll Building Contractor, Inc. (www.bobcarrollremodeling.com/)
- Event moderator Irene Rosario, SBDC, University of South Florida (www.sbdctampabay.com/)
The winners received their awards at an awards ceremony immediately following the competition at The Dulcet Restaurant and Lounge in downtown New Port Richey.